Programs for Entrepreneurs
The Center offers state-of-the-art facilities, subsidized and often free business assistance, educational events year-round, and the BioFund capital program to support growing technology companies.
To assist startups in commercializing biotech, digital health, environmental, and clean technologies, NOBIC offers direct technical assistance. We assess promising new technologies, developed within and outside of local universities, and then help propel them toward the market. Our programming also includes seminars and networking events held throughout the year. These explore legal, finance, and other topics of interest to entrepreneurs. In addition, we have several capital offerings for small businesses.
Business Assistance Services
- Development of business plans, technology development strategies, financial forecasts, and more
- Intellectual property disclosures, analyses, etc.
- Market research and advice on scale-up strategies
- Raising financing from sources such as grants, business plan competitions, and other avenues
- Connections to external resources, management professionals, potential capital partners, and key industry players
New Orleans BioFund
In addition to making affordable office space available to startup companies and researchers, NOBIC also runs the New Orleans BioFund. One of our innovative programs for entrepreneurs, this offers low-interest, flexible term loans and equity capital options to these startups in a range of industries who are not able to access capital elsewhere. As a result, these investments help bridge a critical funding gap and allow companies to better position themselves for more traditional funding opportunities in the future.