Innovation Louisiana 2013 is a new nexus for regional researchers, entrepreneurs, investors, and industry. It offers a forum for education, collaboration, and exchange of ideas on life science technology commercialization and startup development. Join us November 18 - 20 for a series of intensive workshops, seminars, and keynote speeches on various issues that high-growth startups face. Our expanding lineup of speakers and panelists includes:
Randy Hubbell, Ethicon Biosurgery (A Johnson & Johnson Company)
Samuel M. Camp, Pamlab
James Griffith, Care Inc. and Onsite Guardian
Chris Schultz, Launch Pad and Voodoo Ventures
Nic Perkin, Spear Point Buyout Group
Clayton White, South Coast Angel Fund
Jennifer Hartt, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Mark Graffagnini, Graffagnini + Associates LLC
Colby LeMaire, Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum
Andrea Wesser, University of Central Florida Office of Research and Commercialization
More to be announced.
Innovation Louisiana will also feature the second annual BioChallenge. In this business pitch competition, Louisiana life science startups will compete in front of a panel of business leaders and regional and national investors for a chance to win cash and services prize packages worth more than $25,000. More information on the BioChallenge and details on the companies selected to pitch are available at neworleansbio.com/biochallenge.
Innovation Louisiana 2013 Schedule:
- Keynote: Successful serial entrepreneur James Griffith
- Panel: University Research Commercialization
- Lunch and Biotechnology Startup Expo
- Seminar: Industry Innovation in Product Development
- 2nd Annual BioChallenge Pitch Competition for $25,000 in prizes
- Networking event
- Workshop: Starting Your Company: A Legal Primer
- Panel: Clean and Green Technologies: Emerging Opportunities for Louisiana
- Panel: The Changing Landscape of Digital Health Entrepreneurship
- Lunch and Cleantech Startup Expo
- Workshop: Grant Funding Opportunities for Commercialization
- Panel: Outside Funding 101
- Keynote: Pamlab Founder and Chairman of the Board Samuel M. Camp
- Breakfast Workshop: The Investor-Ready Entrepreneur
- Panel: The Art of Startup Co-Founding: Lessons Learned
- Term Sheet Face-Off: A Mock Negotiation
Finally, the events will be followed by a Golf Scramble and Social Reception hosted by the New Orleans BioFund at TPC Louisiana on Wednesday afternoon, November 20. All Innovation Louisiana 2013 attendees are invited to purchase tickets to both the Golf Scramble beginning at 12:30pm and the evening Social beginning at 5:00pm. More information and tickets are available at http://biofundgolf.eventbrite.com/.
A special thanks to our event sponsors:
If you have questions about sponsorship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.